Teaser Tuesday: Always Forever by Mary Smith


Today's teaser needs a little back story:

Ivee is the lead guitarist for the band Twisted Misery, and just finished playing at Wills bar. This is her first encounter with Colton Cruise.

If you hadn't added it to your Goodread yet, you can here.

Please remember this is still being edited!

Enjoy...........



“Ivee?” Nolan’s stern voice shook me out of my day dream.
“What?”
“Can you be there tomorrow?” He asked.
“Yeah, no problem,” I said nonchalantly, even though my insides were flipping in circles.
Just then a gaggle of girls came around the truck. I knew what was on their minds.
Sex.
I rolled my eyes at their low cut tank tops, short skirts, and walked away to go back into the bar.
It was almost empty, except for a few bartenders that were cleaning up. I slide behind the counter, grabbing a cold bottle of water. I noticed Wills at the end of the bar, and I stroll over to him. Ever since we’ve played here, he’s been very kind to me. Not in that creepy-perverted-way either.
I slapped a five dollar bill on the counter. “Take this,” I ordered.
Wills chuckled. “You made me a lot of money tonight.” He pushed it back to me. “It’s on me.”
“Thanks,” I said gently, putting the money back into my pocket.
“I want you to meet someone,” Wills informed me as a young guy comes up to the bar, next to him. “Ivee, this is Colton.”
“Hey,” I nodded.
“Ivy, like a plant?” he questioned. The bar lights made his light brown eyes gleam, as he searched me up and down.
“I-V-E-E. I’m not a plant,” I spat back at him.
“I’m simply making an assumption of your name.” He tried to pin a mean look at me through his eyes, but it wasn’t working on me.
“Well, you’re wrong.” I narrowed mine to him.
“Aren’t you just a little southern bell?” Colton’s voice is low and deep.
“Oh please, like I haven’t heard that cheesy pickup line before.” I groaned at his attempt to make fun of my thick Texas accent.
“Ivee,” Wills voice sent me a warning, and he was shaking his head.

“Well, thank you Wills,” I said, ignoring Colton’s eyes and Wills, leaving them both at the bar.

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite movies and why I love them so much!

Book Review: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Announcement of a New Series...