Fat Girl's Story: Week 1 - Ripping off the Band-Aid


Last week I started a blog-journey called Fat Girl's Story and I put a line in there about 'ripping off the band-aid'. 

Well, I received a message stating I should be truly honest with everyone. I asked the person what did she mean. She stated if I was going to be honest with everyone I should divulge all the information about myself. 

I did say I wouldn't do that, but she made a point.

But I want to yell....... I DONT WAN TO TELL YOU EVERYTHING!!



Then again....



I said I would tell the truth ... so here it is

Hello, My name is Mary Smith and I'm 35 years old and I'm 285 pounds. I went 26/28 jeans and 5x shirts.


Yep, it's the truth. I'm THAT big.

FYI: this is probably the craziest thing I've ever done. Sure you can look at me and you know I'm overweight. There's no mirage here.

However, telling people my actually weight (besides my doctor) is something I've never EVER EVER done.

But here it is. Well, here I am and I'm putting it all out there. It's only fair if I'm truly going to do this the right way.

I'm well aware I'm never going to be a model. (I know you're shocked by this). I know I'm never going to be in a skinny-miny bikini and I'm okay with all of that.

I want to be healthy. I don't want to go to the doctor every month and see that look in her eyes when she says I've still not lost any weight and it's only getting worse. I don't want to go into a store and the attendant says "Sorry we don't carry those sizes."

I want to be a person who is healthy and I've started doing that!



So here is what I did this week in fitness....

2 1/2 miles on the treadmill
1 mile on the stationary bike
1 mile on the elliptical
65 steps on the stair master
50 sit-ups
30 squats



It's not a lot, but it's more than I've done in the past .... twenty years ... so it's a big accomplishment!!



Now next Sunday I will weigh myself and YES I will post it on here for all the WORLD to see.

So, be easy on the comments please when I don't lose anything....Rome wasn't built in a day! (or so they say!!)

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite movies and why I love them so much!

Book Review: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Teaser Tuesday: Melting Away the Ice by Mary Smith