My favorite movies and why I love them so much!

I love to watch movies! Probably too much, but I love to watch movies. Like books, they can touch you in some way and impact your way of thinking. Some make you laugh; some make you cry; some make you think, and some bring back the best and/or worst memories. 

Let's begin with my list ...

1) Harry Potter  

I have loved Harry Potter since the day I read the first book, in the early 2000's. A friend had recommended it to me and from the first chapter I was hooked. I even have a HP tattoo! When the announcement came regarding the movies, my heart sank. Come on, we're all Boo Nerds and sometimes the movie just ruins it. (Need I remind you about Percy Jackson ðŸ˜’😒😒) However, when the first movie dropped, I was there with my overpriced popcorn ready to be transported to Hogwarts! Needless to say, I love them. Yes, there are changes from the books to the movie, but not enough for me to really complain about. And I still watch them to this day! 

2) Gone with the Wind
Now, just calm down before you come at me in the comments calling me a racist. Yes, there are slaves and people who own slaves in GWTW. Yes, when this movie was released in 1940 it was a much different world than the one, we live in now. BUT, let me ask you a question. Have you read the book? Have you watched the movie? I know it's a long one, but have you really watched it? This book, and the movie, were about Scarlett O'Hara. Oh, that Ms. O'Hara and her devious ways. She would backstab anyone just to get herself more 'stuff'! I mean, it was unheard of for a woman to own a business, a home and land, talk back to authority and take charge. Even with all that, yes, she owned slaves. One in particular, Mammy. 

Oh, Mammy. I don't care how many times I have watched this movie, Mammy, makes this movie! Which is why Hattie McDaniel, the actress who portrayed Mammy, was the first black actor (male or female) to win an Oscar! That's right Ms. McDaniel won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her role in GWTW. Go ahead, Google it! 


3) Steel Magnolias

I truly have watched this movie a hundred times and I still laugh, still cry and still smile at the end. I did NOT see this movie in the theater. Truthfully, I don't even remember it being in the theater. Then again when this came out, I was nine, so I only cared about cartoons. However, when I was a teenager (18 or 19) a friend was watching (on VHS and if you don't know what that is, you're YOUNG!) it and I was caught up in it. I LOVED IT! I couldn't move until it finished. 

The cast of actresses and the characters they play are some of the BEST! Hands-down. Like I said, I watch this at least once a month or so, and every time it pops up on Cable, I stop everything I do and watch it. 

Have you watched it? Do you cry, laugh and smile as much as I do? Or am I just a nut? (Probably the latter)


4) John Wick


Okay, I know what you all are thinking ... John Wick? Really, Mary? Yep, it's true! See, my husband and I take turns on date night on what we're going to do. On one particular night, he wanted to go to the movies and dinner. My husband LOVES action movies! I mean ... LOVES them! And he heard good thing about this movie. Now, I am more of a fan of Keanu's romance movies and think he's an outstanding actor! Therefore, I was okay to go to this one, even though I knew it was going to be a shoot 'em up movie. However, I LOVE this movie. I was floored by how much I liked every, single scene of it. I won't give away the plot of the movie, but you should watch it. As for the other two John Wick movies, meh they're okay. The first is the best!

Even thought I could go on and on ... tell me your favorite movies! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Announcement of a New Series...